Thursday, June 24, 2004

From a Whisper to a Scream

Needless to say, after reading some blogs over the last few days, I've been inspired to give it a go. Holy Crap Batman! I'm blogging!

I thought I'd start with where the title comes from. I was first affected with this phrase by a song in the 80's called "Whisper to a Scream" by a band called Icicle Works (click here for lyrics).

I like the idea of extremes, especially the idea of one extreme to the other and the effect it can have when used in the context of various creative mediums such as art, music, poetry, etc.

Over the course of time I hope to share some of me with all of you and hope that in return I'll learn something about myself, you, and how or if blogging has any relevance in my never ending quest to discover the who, what, why, where, and how of me.

Until next time, May God Bless You All!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Blogging's a funny thing, isn't it? I started my own as a precursor to a travel diary I intend to keep when I leave England in the near future. It was a chance to write in a journal format for others to see and to practice a talent that was getting rusty. I enjoy writing fiction, but it's a while since I sat down and wrote anything lengthy about my own life and feelings.

The reason I'm here in your blog was the title. Made me smile that two such different people could arrive at the same place through lyrics from two completely different songs. One of my favourite tracks is by a Welsh band called The Manic Street Preachers, entitled La Tristesse Durera. The title is an Italian phrase which, roughly translated, gives you 'The Last Sigh'. The chorus of the song, though, translates it as 'Scream To A Sigh'.

Which is what brought me here.

And that, I think, is why the internet as a whole and specifically blogging is a fascinating thing.

I have a blog on here, entitled Notes From A Darkened Room. My username is NeonExile. We don't share much philsophical common ground, but if you're as open to these things as I am, then check it out.

Your blog's an interesting read, Chris. I'll be back.

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.