Wednesday, July 07, 2004

10 Things That Annoy Me!

This list is in no particular order, just be sure that all of the items on the least annoy me (note: I use the word annoy, but many other words can be accurately substituted).

1. When someone asks a question they really don't want the answer to. There are plenty of ways this happens but of particular note is when someone asks something either personal, "deep", or intimate, I answer the question, and then they say something like, "hey, that a little more information than I needed."

2.When someone asks a question because they don't know the answer and are pretty sure that I do; I answer, then they proceed to insist on how my answer can't possibly be right.

3. When the cell phone conversation becomes more important than the flow of traffic (especially when the person driving in front of me is the guilty party).

4. Pedro Martinez.

5. When a retail store, that also sells merchandise via the Internet won't process returns for merchandise purchased via the Internet at one of their retail locations.

6. Being lied to.

7. When passengers in cars dangle their feet/foot out of the window of the car. It looks stupid and is a news story waiting to happen.

8. When you purchase/rent a movie and there are trailers and advertisements that play immediately when you put the DVD in the player (it's even worse when you press the menu button to stop the insanity and it does nothing but continue the friggin' trailer).

9. "Handling Charges."

10. Pop-up ads and spam. I think that the people responsible for these ads, and anyone nutty enough to respond to them should be imprisoned.

Until next time, May God Bless You All!

1 comment:

Michael said...

That thing with the trailers on DVDs really worries me, actually. I mean, if a trailer is essentially an advert, how long is it going to be before we, as consumers, are literally FORCED to watch a bunch of adverts before we can see the movie we've rented or even bought?

A captive audience, the marketing exec's dream. Nothing like the little things to remind us just how much democracy is about choice.