Monday, July 26, 2004

Spontaneous Combustion

i'm finished, though I've barely begun
feel like death, another rising sun
can't move a muscle, I need to break free
from the hell of the moment
that imprisons me

the alarm clock is buzzing
and the world outside awaits
i just cant overcome
this tired soul just can't relate

another day of hell
when will this whole thing end
return me to my nightmares
and my one and only friend


The poem above, "Spontaneous Combustion" wasn't planned to be a part this post. However, as with many things I've written, my pencil hit the paper (actually, in this case, the fingers hit the keyboard) and there it was. I haven't even really had time to digest it though looking at it reminds me that I need to take my vitamins (how freaking scary is that?)...BRB...There, much better, I've downed my daily multivitamin (which I tend to forget an awful lot and pay dearly the next day) and can finish up my business here with you.

For those of you who may be reading this in the Boston area, come by Dick's Last Resort (55 Huntington Ave, Boston) sometime between 7:30pm and midnight - it'll be a blast as "The Jennerators" reunite for one night only!

In other random news, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the fact that I've charged myself with the manly task of installing a new stereo in my car. The problem of course is that I suck at shit like that. Granted, I'm pretty comfortable with the insides of a computer (in a clinical way that is) but the idea of installing the car stereo gets me anxious. I have lots of instructions, lots of tips from my brother (whose done it a bunch of times), but am having some second thoughts and may just breakdown and pay someone to do it. Yet another copout!!!

Okay then, this post has been around the block now and taken on a life of its own...I guess I'll move along...

Until next time, May God Bless You All!

2 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

Just got word that the show tonight at Dick's Last Resort will be starting at 9pm instead of 7:30.

Hope to see you there!