Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Happy Birthday Cuzzup!

Happy

Birthday

Cuzzup!
(Photo:Cuzzup Birthday in Boston @ Vinny Testa's 2000)

I think it would be best to explain what Cuzzup and more inportantly, who Cuzzup is. First, the word Cuzzup is a derivation of the W A Z Z U P slogan that Budweiser was using in their ad campain some time back (for the record, I would rather die of thirst than drink a Bud - but their ads are funny-sometimes). In a (I really want to use the word serendipitous here but I'm not sure it as appropriate as) coincidental moment where I dialed the phone, it rang, and just as she answered - from the TV in my living room came a WAZZUP and from that moment, CUZZUP was born. Now, for the who...Cuzzup is my cousin, my best freind, Annalisa (or as my aunt would say, A-na-lee-za). I first met my cousin a touch over twenty years ago when she was just seven and I was nineteen. Her family was living in a suburb of Chicago at the time and she came to spend that summer at our house. Throughout that first summer, the pesky little demon seed quickly earned her nickname "DEVIL CHILD". For three summers, my "sweet" little cousin came to Brooklyn and by the time the third summer came around, I was outta there - got my own apartment. I just couldn't take another summer of that little brat.
Fast foward to the summer of 1997. More than ten years had past since I'd seen or heard from her when I get word that Annalisa was getting married. "Holy Shit! was my reaction. the little Devil Child-getting married?" Then, I had the opportunity to have a conversation with my cousin and discovered that my little cousin, the little devil child had grown up. From that point on, we had begun to talk more and more and soon became the best of friends. Funny how time changes things. The fnny thing is, that our reunion, and getting to know Annalisa, the adult taught me more about myself than anything else. Looking back on who I was in the "old days" and my reaction to her just being a kid - it was something of a revelation.

Anyway, I am very proud of my cousin Annalisa and where she has taken her life. We've been pals ever since we hooked up again. Today is Annalisa's 28th birthday - Happy Birthday Cuzz...Here's to another year of good fun, good health, and good times.

Love,
Your cousin Chris

P.S. If you happen to need a trailer and live in the southwestern United States, call Trail Boss, the official enclosed trailer of the Manzanita Speedway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuzzup!
Thank you so much for the coolest “birthday card” ever! It made me laugh hysterically and gave me goose bumps at the same time! Many, many thanks!! As always, Cuzuuuuuuuuup! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Cuzzup!
Thank you so much for the coolest “birthday card” ever! It made me laugh hysterically and gave me goose bumps at the same time! Many, many thanks!! As always, Cuzuuuuuuuuup! Love ya!