Saturday, August 14, 2004

Random Ramblings and Nonsensical Nonsense

Today, while cleaning my office, actually, rearranging things on the top of my bookshelf, I found an old college notebook with some scribblings that I will share with you here.

#1: I clearly wrote this for someone who was going through something. I have no recollection who or what, but here it is:

Sometimes you get the blues
and getting your shit together
can be kinda rough
sometimes it even gets to the point
where it seems the
ones who love you most can't help-
no matter how hard they try.

Just remember, I know the feeling-
I know it well enough to describe it.
The only thing I can say is
be strong-hang in there,
and stick with it.
It'll be alright-and those
who love you will be there for
you all the way through.

* * * * * * * * * *

#2: This is clearly a verse from what never (yet) became a poem or song lyric:

you've had your heart broken
saw it lie there on the floor
but instead of saying enough is enough
you went right back for more

* * * * * * * * * *

#3:Okay, this is hard but I did always say this blog is about me being me and sharing the good and bad. I've written a lot of sappy stuff but this is just plain nauseating as I read it tonight. Perhaps I'm just in a bad mood-who knows. I still feel it's my duty to share this because that's what this is all about - a personal cleansing if you will...here goes (don't say I didn't warn you):

Dated 11-6-1989 (Exactly one month before my 25th Birthday, which makes this even more pathetic)

A vast oasis-
Beauty and grace that none have known before
white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters-
consistently perfect weather
The beauty of the sunrise and the
equal beauty of the sunset.

I know it sounds like it's too good to be true-
But if you could imagine the pleasure
of being able to live in this oasis-
you know how much pleasure I feel
having you in my life.
I Love You.

[Are you still with me? Holy crap that was about as pathetic as one can be. However, going by the date alone, I can verify with full honesty, that as a result of this load of applesauce, I actually got the girl!!!]

* * * * * * * * * *

#4: A simple quote that I am certain many can relate to:

"I'm most civil when I don't look or play the part." (Christopher Daniele)

* * * * * * * * * *

#5: Here's a quote that had me laughing for days after I first heard it. I was in grad school taking a research class when the librarian came and gave a presentation. While talking of particular research methods and materials, he uttered the following:

"Topics such as Education, Technology, Abortion, France, whatever..." (Jeff Feinsilver 9/2/1991)

* * * * * * * * * *

#6: A classic quote that I continue to find entertaining:

"An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until eventually, they know everything about nothing."

* * * * * * * * * *

#7: A condom joke I wrote (sometime in the early nineties):

Guy says to his girlfriend, "Do I have to wear a condom? I can't feel anything when I wear one." Girlfriend replies, "Good, then we'll be even for a change."

* * * * * * * * * *

#7: Not sure what was going through my head when I wrote the following, but here goes:

Trying to Find
Death in Birth
We Seek Life
And it Ends
We Live For
What is It
When and Who
We Don't Decide
Time is A
Decision for
Us Not to
Make
We are Born
We are Life
We Don't Die
We Live Again

* * * * * * * * * *

That's all for now. Until next time, May God Bless You All!

No comments: