Friday, September 10, 2004

The Fall Semester Begins/Evil Thoughts Lurking

And so ends week one of the fall 2004 semester. Another year of hope and dreams begins, another year of "How the freak did these people make it this far", another week of 68.392% of the campus community in a complete fog as it relates to logging on to a computer account, another year of "I forgot my password" and the even more astounding, "My social security number? I have no idea!" Such is the joy of working at a community college. Though I must admit, I do love it. I especially to teach - I am trying a new approach this semester where I plan on having my student develop questions based on their reading, then using those question to play games shows in class. I hope they enjoy it.

I've decided to wish for bad things to all who intend to help re-elect the current leader of our cuntry. That's not a misspelling, I just thought in case 'ole W happen to peruse this blog, I'd at least spell one word the same as he wood. Anyway, this week I actually wished for the fingers, and perhaps any other limb or body part that may be used to cast a vote for the scanky Bush-whacker would simply fall off. That's right, a sort of misguided voters leprosy. Hey, I know it's cruel and evil but I'd rather have to deal with the aftermath of an odd form of leprosy that four more years of GWB in the white house. Beside, under Kerry, there's a possibility of finding a cure through the wonders of stem cell research.

I'm gonna pop the DVD "Secret Window" starring Johnny Depp into the old player and chill out...Until next time, May God Bless You All!

2 comments:

sprizee said...

Ooooo, I heard Secret Window was really good but I've been to lazy to Netflix it. (Also have had the same 3 movies from Netflix sitting on my coffee table for the last 3 months but I digress...)

Let me know what you think when you done watching it.

jennifer said...

Hahaha. That was funny...spelling things the way good old W wood say them. That's if he actually read anything. Did you know he doesn't read newspapers? He said that on live TV. What a shmuck.