Thursday, September 16, 2004

Not Just Another Computer Class

One of the challenges of teaching a computer class is keeping it interesting. For the most part, computer concepts are B O R I N G! So, I am constantly looking for ways to keep the class interesting so that I can hold the attention of people from 6 to 9 pm.

Somehow, tonight's lecture/demonstration of the campus email system ended up being a talk on cultural diversity and the impact and definition of "the college experience." I had a great time and it appears to have gone over well with the students. Though, I must say the most fun part of the class was when I showed the JibJab animation.

I am looking forward to testing out some new ideas in the classroom this semester. I feel invigorated after tonight's class.

Later...

No comments: