Wednesday, October 13, 2004

(Another) Personality Crisis

An apparent obsession with and awareness of personality tests led me to one called The Big Five, which "...measures what many psychologists consider to be the five fundamental dimensions of personality."

If you want to learn more about the use of the test itself, check this out: The Big 5 Personality Test

If you wish to take the same test I took, go here: Take the Big 5 Personality Test - Word Test

Finally, here are my results (along with some additional background on the test and my commentary):

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity. (I definitely have a tendency to talk too much. I don't agree that I'm so ridiculously extroverted that I compromise my individuality.)

Friendliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others. (Not sure about who they're speaking of here. Sometimes I think I'm friendly to a fault, though I do tend to be suspicious of people and their intentions.)

Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, hard working, and reliable while still remaining flexible, efficient, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious. (I do panic often and suffer from anxiety disorder.)

Openmindedness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly practical, conservative, and conventional at the expense of curiosity, possibility, and progress. (I'm not so sure this is as accurate as it could be nor is it as inaccurate as I'd like it to be - I'll leave it at that.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuzzup! Took the test and here are the results...came close to your results which of course shouldn't be a surprise since we have cuzzminds! BTW- I took the test before I even read your results...

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.

Friendliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, hard working, and reliable while still remaining flexible, efficient, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were low which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Openmindedness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly practical, conservative, and conventional at the expense of curiousity, possibility, and progress

Cuzzup!

Jill said...

Shouldn't you be working, Mr. Daniele? These tests have to be applicable to such a wide range of people and circumstances that it is tough to take them very seriouslly. Don't sweat the results too much - you're a wonderful, friendly person and no test can tell you otherwise.

Thanks for not writing about the baseball games.

HAGC said...

Hi Chris-
I'm a friend of Jill and Kate, so I frequent your blog occasionally. Took that test and got almost word-for-word the same results as yours. Went to their site and checked out some of the other tests. I wouldn't take it too much to heart.

Also, it is always nice to know another Yankee fan in Boston.
Heather/Notice Giver

Joy said...

I'll take this one and get back to you. Right now I'm dreading going back to school and catching up on the things I didn't get finished during break.