Friday, October 08, 2004

The Color of My Personality

and you're a prima ballerina on a spring afternoon
change on into the wolfman howlin' at the moon
all about that personality crisis you got it while it was hot
but now frustration and heartache is what you got


Before I go any further, for this post I must acknowledge that I am stealing Michael's format by opening the post with a piece of a song. When I started the post, I couldn't get this song out of my head, so I felt compelled to start with the verse that's been ringing in my head for the last few hours (I love the NY DOLLS, and pretty much anything that David Johannsen does).

Color Quiz is a test where 8 boxes of different colors are displayed and you are asked to select them in the order in which they “make you feel best”. After the first round, there is a time delay, and then a second round of the same color selection process. At the end of both rounds, a report is generated telling you all about your personality. Hmmmm. What follows are the results from my test. I won't bother pointing out the accuracies nor the inaccuracies. I think it'll be more fun to hear back from those of you who know me, think you know me, and are getting to know me.

Here are the results:

Your Existing Situation
Sensuous. Inclined to luxuriate in things which give gratification to the senses, but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar, or coarse.

Your Stress Sources
Seeks independence and freedom from any restriction and therefore avoids obligations or anything which might prove hampering. He is being subjected to considerable pressure and wants to escape from it so that he can obtain what he needs, but tends to lack the necessary strength of purpose to succeed in this.

Your Restrained Characteristics
Willing to participate and to allow himself to become involved, but tries to fend off conflict and disturbance in order to reduce tension.
Emotionally inhibited. Feels forced to compromise, making it difficult for him to form a stable emotional attachment.

Your Desired Objective
Seeks success, stimulation, and a life full of experience. Wants to develop freely and to shake off the shackles of self-doubt, to win, and to live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is enthusiastic by nature. Receptive to anything new, modern, or intriguing; has many interests and wants to expand his fields of activity. Optimistic about the future.

Your Actual Problem
The tensions induced by trying to cope with conditions which are really beyond his capabilities, or his reserves of strength, have led to considerable anxiety and a sense of personal (but unadmitted) inadequacy. He attempts to remedy this by intense activity and by insistence on getting his own way. Faulty self-control can lead to ungovernable displays of anger.

Your Actual Problem #2
Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of his own efforts.

No comments: