Thursday, November 04, 2004

Redemption

"Mile upon mile, got no direction.
We're all playin' the same game.
We're all lookin' for redemption.
Just to pray, to say the name."


Needless to say it's been a gripping 48 hours and the results of the election had left me deep in the Scream section of From a Whisper to a Scream. It's time to find level ground and start fresh.

Over the last few days on this blog and through comments on others I have expressed my rage and anger and used hurtful and horrible words. I have said things that quite frankly put me in a difficult position to defend myself or intelligently express my opinions about the current political state.

Today is Thursday, November 4th, 2004 and the president of our country today, and through 2008 is going to be George W. Bush. He was elected fairly by the people of this country and though I clearly disagree with an awful lot of the people in this country about the choice of GWB, ultimately, it is nothing more than a disagreement. There are certainly many of us who supported the Democratic ticket who know, are related to, and even love people who voted for George Bush. In 2008, GWB will leave office with no further opportunity to hold it again, but the people in our lives with whom we disagree will still be there. Is it rational to cast off relationships under these pretenses?

Today I sit here saddened at the political state of our nation, but have come to terms with that which I can not change and accept the fact that one of the things that makes living in America great is that each of us is free to make choices independently.

I am so grateful to my fellow bloggers and those who read and comment on blogs for supporting such an open forum. I am grateful for the wonderful friends I have who so passionately share ideas and creativity. I am extremely grateful to you, reader, for lending an ear to my voice and letting me know that you heard me; and for letting me know when you agree or disagree with what I say.

My greatest hope today is that we can find reason to look forward to tomorrow. Until then...

No comments: