I first saw this on Jennifer's Blog, then on Michael's. I wanted to be cool too, so here's my responses:
1.What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Started my Blog.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I am pretty sure I didn’t make one, other than to not make one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friend Marie gave birth to her 6th child.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Uncle Joe DiBatista.
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year, but since I didn’t have the Blog last year to talk about, I was in Brazil for Christmas week at that time.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Hardwood floors in my house.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 2nd – George Bush actually got RE-elected. Holy crap Batman!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’ve wanted for a long time to write a poem where each verse is a haiku; I accomplished that.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking better care of myself (eat better, exercise, yadda-yadda).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Unfortunately – on the night of my 40th Birthday. I also had arthroscopic knee surgery back in March to repair a torn meniscus in my left knee.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Wireless networking equipment; it’s proven to be quite convenient.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The soldiers in the Middle East, who continued to fight a war (and risk their lives) that was poorly thought out by a group of complete psychos.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George Bush, and the American people who voted for him.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A gathering of friends that took place just before Thanksgiving. It was a great group, some of which I hadn’t seen in quite a few years, and we had an amazing time.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Vertigo by U2.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? .Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer (Not just financially).
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Community outreach, travel.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I ended up spending it at my pal Linda’s house with the family.
21. How many one-night stands?
365-I stood up at least once each night (get that mind out of the gutter).
22. What was your favourite TV program?
Survivor, The Apprentice, Drawn Together, Crank Yankers, Rebel Billionaire.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Tough to pick just one though in a pinch I’d have to say “All I Really Need to Know I learned In Kindergarten” by Robert Fulghum. Gotta give props to “Living History” by Hillary Rodham Clinton and also “Invitation to a Beheading” by Vladimir Nabokov.
25. What did you want and get?
A DVR (and I don’t know how I ever lived without one).
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
I haven’t been to the movies theatre all year. The best movie I saw was “Man of the Century” which was made in 1999.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 40. It was a fairly uneventful day which turned into a nightmare. Read blog for more details.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not losing faith in more than 50% of the entire population of the country in which I live.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
I have absolutely no concept of fashion.
30. What kept you sane?
I’m not convinced I have my sanity.
31. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Presidential Election.
32. Who did you miss?
My parent’s, who after all these years I miss a lot and my cousin Annalisa in Arizona – who even though I talk to for a few hours a week, I miss seeing and hanging out with her.
33. Who was the best new person you met?
My wonderful friends of the Blogging community; in particular, Sprizee, Jammie, Michael, Jennifer, Daisy (who I miss like crazy), Kate and whoever else I missed so they won’t be nearly as pissed at me for not mentioning them by name.
That’s about the size of it.
And now for me (copping out a bit with a 2 year old photo, I really do not have a more recent one)…
August 2002-Disney World