Monday, December 06, 2004

The Big Four-Oh

Here's how nutty I can be. Today, is my fortieth birthday, and the first thing I do is go to my own blog, look at my profile, and verify that my age changed (yes, it did).

One of the things I have learned as each new year comes and goes is that it is all to easy to look at both sides of the coin and choose to either be depressed or happy. I tend to be indifferent, but if my only choices were depressed or happy, I've got to go with happy.

One of the things that always sucked about being born in December, as many of you may know or have figured out, is getting screwed with a "combination" birthday and Christmas gifts. To all of you who have ever tortured this boy with a "combination" gift, FUCK YOU!!! If you're going to get me a combination gift, the rule(s) is/are that it should be twice as nice and twice as expensive. I'll even let go of twice the "thought" as long as the first two rules are applied rigidly.

In other news and notes, I have been enjoying the new animated reality show "Drawn Together" airing on Comedy Central at 10:30 on Wednesday evenings (here in the USA). It's nice to see someone pushing the envelope and doing it for the same of comedy, not just for the sake of it. I am outta here for now.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So because you are NOT in work today, can one assume you are at home playing with your birthday suit or is Lucy with you and you are playing in you birthday suit??WE ALL want to know. . .
another question for inquiring minds, does the damn suit even fit??
HAVE A HAPPY! no present because according to your rules a b-day present would mean I also have to give you a christmas present, so screw you, go look at your suit and leave us alone. . .

Chris said...

Ah, the laughter...Good Times I say!
If a long-sleeved T-Shirt and Jeans can be considered a birtday suit - Yes and Yes (otherwise, NO).

It may be a birthday and I may not be at "work" but rest assured that I am working. Thanks for respecting the rules...:)

Anonymous said...

Chris old boy- Jerry here and long time no see!
Happy Birthday my friend. If you ever get down to NJ you must come by. By the way - I think your anonymous poster neglected to udnerstand the rules. A birthday gift can be presented without a Christmas gift requirement, however, it can not be labeled as being for both your birthday AND christmas.

Peace out my brother!

sprizee said...

Happy Birthday!

Here's some words of wisdom from the boys from Dublin...

"The more you see the less you know
The less you find out as you go
I knew much more then than I do now"

From HTDAAB's City of Blinding Lights

So true, so true.

Jams said...

Heh. Chris said "fuck".

jennifer said...

happy birthday chris!!!

Anonymous said...

too much partying??!! please call me, are you OK?
LJ
hey it rhymes. . .

Anonymous said...

just got your phone message. . .call me

Jill said...

I am such a jerk - I forgot to wish you a hap-hap-happy birthday yesterday. So, from one who heartily enjoyed turning 3-0 to one who will dashingly engage in burning 4-0, happy freakin' day.

Oh, and I guess the 2nd of December was far enough away from Christmas that I didn't experience much combo-gifting. But I did chuckle at the large FU you just sent to Aunt Marge, cousin Louie, Uncle Vito, I'll bet a parent or two, (ok, so insert your own names here) and all other well-intentioned, but dumb, family members and friends guilty of this indecency. Pretty hilarious, really.

JC said...

Happy belated birthday, Chris!!

WorkingNob said...

I don't know you - but - HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY! And if you aren't passed out right now in your own vomit cake, with your underwear around your ankles, you might just be too fucking old.

Chris said...

Thanks to all of you!