Monday, December 20, 2004

The Bitter Cold

Here in New England, more specifically, Massachusetts, we are experiencing the first of who knows how many storms featuring below freezing temperatures. It never ceases to amaze me how no matter how many of these winters we endure we never seem ready, especially for that first freeze.

Today, as I am still recovering from this mysterious and unsettling dizziness, vertigo, and generally feeling bad - I long for freezing my ass off in the bitter cold as I navigate my way through the parking lot of the grocery store or whatever other errand I must run. I have left my house four times in the last 16 days, once to the emergency room, once to the doctor, and twice for other medical tests.

I am now at the stage where it's easy to make the mistake of overdoing it out of boredom and restlessness, that scares me a bit.

I gander about my blog and hope that through the desperate pleas for prayer and good thoughts, that you dear reader still see that I am still here. I hope that my sense of humor and personality still shine through somewhere. I hope that you know that regardless of how I feel, your are all in my daily thoughts.

3 comments:

sprizee said...

I hope you feel better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Stop counting the days! Just concentrate on getting rid of whatever has a hold of you! Your sense of humor HAD better be in tact when you the get the doctor's all clear! My prayers came bouncing back, what do you suppose that means??

jennifer said...

how odd is it that it is sunny and a staggering 80 degrees here in southern cali! freezing...what's that?

hehe

anyway, i hope you feel better soon.