Friday, December 10, 2004

How to Scare the Crap out of a Grown Man

It is insane that I am posting right now but I need to. I am typing with one hand as I am using the other to support myself as I seem to have lost my sense of balance. Since my ER visit, and subsequent Doctor visit, I've managed to progressively feel worse. Today, unless I am fairly motionless, everything around me begins to spin and lose focus.

I just spoke with the doctor's office for advice on what to do next. He is getting a prescription to me for the dizziness and scheduling and MRI for my head. I think mostly I'm posting this to address my fear; especially the fear of the unknown. It just occurred to me that once I put this out there, people I care about, and those that care about me, are going to read this - effectively bringing you all on this ride with me.

Partly confused, a by product of fear, I am certain of one thing. I know that when there are people out there thinking positive thoughts, whether it be through well wishes, prayers, or what have you - it has a positive effect on me. I guess that's really what this is all about.

Yesterday, I received a birthday gift from my brother and his wonderful girlfriend (tehnically fiancee, but I've always hated that word) - it is a rather impressive wine bottle opener and a wine cooling device. Here's to cracking open the next bottle of wine celebrating a full recovery and any future dizziness to be the result only of too much of that wine.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Good luck! I'm sending you thoughts and hopes. Please keep us posted about what's going on. Maybe it's a temporary problem that can be corrected easily. Let us know.

Jams said...

You are most definitely in my thoughts, Chris. Hang in there. x

sprizee said...

Good thoughts. Good thoughts.

jennifer said...

definately wishing you the best chris!