Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Something to Grab On To

Though the dizziness persists, I am sensing that its effects are lessening (or I have overdosed on the medication to help it to subside). Sunday morning, I had an MRI done of my head; an experience not designed for the claustrophobic. The results did not show any "unusual or foreign masses" (that's growths or tumors to us lay folk) but did show evidence of a rather nasty sinus infection that "could be the cause of the dizziness, either way, we'll need to treat it." The quotes of course are the doctor, or rather the nurse speaking on behalf of the doctor, who prescribed an antibiotic for the infection.

So, today I remain dizzy (I'm setting myself up with a line like that) but hopeful. Hopeful to the point where I think some of the anxiety has gone away and that helps. I have been overwhelmed with the outpouring of love from the people around me and I am also certain that the prayers and well wishes are helping. I will continue to keep you all posted on this and hopefully can find something more creative to post about. Until next time...

5 comments:

Michael said...

I feel slightly strange in saying: 'Chris, I'm glad you have a sinus infection'. I'm just relieved for you that it's nothing more serious. Having suffered nasty sinus problems for much of my life, I think I can relate to what you're going through, if only in the same way that somebody with a cold can relate to somebody with pneumonia.

Anyway, good luck with the treatment, and here's hoping you're back up and at 'em sooner rather than later. All the best.

Jams said...

Oh good! I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Sinus infections are evil henchmen from Satan, ya know. They are! I hate them. Anyway, now that you're doing better I'll start channeling my good thoughts towards Paris Hilton and her new perfume line. After all, a girl's got to eat, right?

Michael said...

I hear Paris Hilton eats pretty well, by all accounts.

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Chris said...

I am laughing so hard it hurts my silly little friends.

Joy said...

I'm glad you don't have more exciting news to report and relieved that you have something that is not pleasant but not life-threatening. Sinus infections are unpleasant for sure.