Thursday, January 06, 2005

I'm in a New York State of Mind

I'm taking a road trip tomorrow back to my hometown of Brooklyn, New York to attend the funeral of my friend Jerry's father "Big" Louie Scarnato. Though I've know Jerry for about 20 years, I never had the pleasure of meeting his dad but hope to get some insight and stories from those who knew him well.

Though my health has improved dramatically, I am not yet ready to drive the 200+ miles each way so I am taking a Greyhound bus; for the first time. I am guessing this will be an interesting journey and I hope to get good use out of my new IPOD.

This has been an unusual week in that I have already attended one funeral (yesterday) for the passing of a colleague's father. So, here's to celebrating life and how important it is to live and love every moment of it.

2 comments:

sprizee said...

Ooh, I love me some Billy Joel.

Have fun in NYC. Stop at H&M's for me and buy yourself some cool eurotrashy clothes.

Chris said...

I wish I had time for fun - but it was the "wake", funeral mass, and home. I did have enough time as I rooled into Brroklyn to have some good old fashioned Brooklyn Pizza - which made me smile.