Thursday, January 20, 2005

"The Jury Pool from Hell"


This is from truth is stranger than fiction files. The article you see pictured above was is yesterday's Boston Herald newspaper as reported by Associated Press. Here's the text from the article:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Defense attorney Leslie Ballin called it the “jury pool from hell.”
The group of prospective jurors was summoned to court to listen to a case of Tennessee trailer park violence. 



Right after jury selection began last week, one man got up and left, announcing, “I’m on morphine and I’m higher than a kite.” 

When the prosecutor asked whether anyone had been convicted of a crime, a prospective juror said he had been arrested and taken to a mental hospital after he almost shot his nephew. He said he was provoked because his nephew would not come out from under the bed.


Another would-be juror said he had had alcohol problems and was arrested for
 soliciting sex from an undercover officer. 


“I should have known something was up,” he said. “She had all her teeth.”


The case involved a woman accused of hitting her brother’s girlfriend in the face with a brink. Ballin’s client was found not guilty.

1 comment:

Jams said...

Yeppers, that'd be the jury I'd get. Not that I've ever been on trial or anything, but IF I were then I'd get lots of bubbas and dope fiends.