Sunday, January 16, 2005

A Psalm of Hope

Today's church service was quite moving. In particular, this first verse from Psalm 40, which got me thinking about my new friend Puck in the Netherlands, the victims of the mudslides in California, the Tsunami in South East Asia, and all others in search of hope for a better tomorrow.

"I waited patiently upon the Lord;
he stooped to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the desolate pit, out of the mire and clay;
he set my feet upon a high cliff and made my footing sure."

8 comments:

Jams said...

Yes, I too often think of people named Puck when reading Psalm 40. It's just one of those passages which screams out "Puck! Puck! Puck!".


Umm, I'm sorry. My smartass 'off button' broke.

Chris said...

Jammie - my ribs hurt from the laughter you fill me with. Though regarding Puck, He is a 27 year old from the Netherlands who was recently diagnosed with MS. My prayers are with the young lad!!!

On another topic, I was over at your blog and I'm not the only one waiting for you to make it an active one.

Jams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jams said...

Oopsy. Sorry. I didn't mean to knock over poor Puck in my haste to find my blog. Sorry to hear that news about him. That's real sucky.

Jams said...

Well, shit! I didn't mean to delete that last post. I'm sorry!!!!

It basically asked how I could find my blog, but I think I've figured it out. Sorry for the trouble, Chris! Go back and read Psalm 40 again and it'll take your mind of the mess I'm making of your blog. :(

Anonymous said...

Regarding Puck: he is, and has been for 27 years, a she. And she would very much appreciate if you would regard email written by her as confidential, i.e. if you wouldn't post things she wote specifically to you.
Thanks for the prayers, though.

Puck

Chris said...

Puck, Please forgive my ignorance. The prayers and well wishes are genuine.

sprizee said...

Also used in U2's song "40"... hence the name.