This recipe for "Chocolate Yummies" was one I found in a newspaper ad for Kellog's products. As you can see from the picture, they actually look yummy enough for an adventurous kitchen folk and sweet freak like myself to prepare (and subsequently enjoy). Here's the (little to moderately) interesting part of the story. I clipped the recipe thinking that "I'll make these when I get a chance." Just two days later, I take my daughter to meet Santa ata local rotary club fundraiser and at the confections booth, there are Chocolate Yummies being sold in little 2 serving bags for 50 cents. Of course old sweet tooth daddy-o grabs a couple while short-stuff offering up a shopping list to old man Kringle. Needless to say, they are appropriately named and after tasting them, made decided to make them that very day. Easy and yummy! Without further ado - here's the recipe:
3 cups KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal
7 graham crackers , whole pieces
2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2/3 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1. Coat 13x9x2-inch microwave safe dish with cooking spray.
2. Place 6 whole pieces graham crackers in single layer in bottom.
3. Cut remaining piece to fit in bottom.
4. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over crackers.
5. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until marshmallows are puffy.
6. Remove from microwave and cool completely.
7. In 2-quart microwave safe mixing bowl, combine chocolate morsels, corn syrup and margarine.
8. Microwave at HIGH about 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
9. Stir in peanut butter.
10. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal, mixing until combined.
11. Spread evenly over marshmallows.
12. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
13. Cut and store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Follow steps 1 through 4 above using 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. In 2-quart saucepan, over low heat, melt together chocolate morsels, corn syrup and margarine, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Add cereal, mixing until combined. Spread cereal mixture evenly over marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate about1 hour or until firm. Cut and store in airtight container in refrigerator.