Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The 10 O'Clock News

I remember growing up how at some point my dad made the switch to start watching the news at 10 instead of 11. At the time, the news was on channel 5, anchored by Bill Jorgenson (sp.). I'll never forget the introduction, which I didn't really get as a kid, "It's 10pm, do you know where your children are?"

Fast forward a quarter century or so and here I am sitting on my couch, laptop on my laptop, and watching the 10 o'clock news as I blog away.

I started this post for one reason, the brief moment of enlightenment I just had as to what the 10 o'clock news is. For me, the 10 o'clock news is simple, it's acknowledgment that humans are completely out of their mind and the world is a sick place - all one hour earlier (than of course the 11 o'clock news).

1 comment:

Egan said...

The local news is never all that fun to watch, but I feel obligated since otherwise I won't know about how my neighbor's dog almost killed the local tv weatherman earlier that day.