Sunday, August 27, 2006

Reunion is the Best Medicine

It's been no secret how crappy things have been for me lately. Yesterday, I received the best dose of medicine I could have asked for, our bi-annual, or is it semi-annual, our twice-yearly (give or take) friends reunion.

I have been so incredibly blessed to have a group of friends, people who genuinely are a part of each others lives regardless of the physical distance that time and circumstance have put between us. Some time ago we agreed to do our best to get together twice a year and share some time together, remember the old days, make some new memories, and instill a sense of tradition in our children's lives.

Last night a group of us got together at the DeCoursey (Johnny, Jane, and their oldest, Andrew pictured below) home in lovely Westchester county for yet another memorable evening.


I'm not sure that I can put into words the feeling of comfort, of home, of love that we all share. Our family's have grown in size, and our children are getting older - some are teenagers. We've all grown up together and now have had the priviege of watching our children grow up (as you can see below).
Here's to all my wonderful friends...I Love You all and look forward to getting together this winter.

No comments: