Monday, September 04, 2006

Rest in Piece You Crazy Bastard

He seemed impervious to pain and especially death. However, we once again have proof at our own mortality as the one and only "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin was killed at the age of 44 while filming a documentary. It seems odd to me that he was killed by a stingray, which according to reports "He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart;" I've seen the guy beat the crap out of psychotic crocodiles and stand up to poisonous snakes...

There are plenty of stories all over the Internet for those who are interested. I've learned through these stories that he wa lotlot more than what he was to me. For me, Steve Irwin was pure entertainment. I really just enjoyed vegging out "The Crocodile Hunter" because it's just so out there and his personality on top of what appeared to be just complete insanity was entertaining to me. Through reading some of the stories about his death, I've learned a bit more about how he was an environmentalist and deeply respected and loved in his homeland of Austraila. Odd how the first thins I saw this morning was this story...may he rest in piece and may his family find their way to peace as they carry on through this tragedy.

4 comments:

Egan said...

I still can't believe he's gone. The Animal Planet network will never be the same. He was a great mate for sure.

Chris said...

I hear ya - every time I watch the news or see a flash of him on the web, It kinda freaks me out.

Joy said...

What a personality! I can't imagine what his family must be going through. He loved his wife and children so much, and their love of animals and the environment entertained and informed. It's unbelievable that he is gone.

Egan said...

Yep, I can't think about what it must be like. Poor family. Sure he's crazy, but that was his appeal and he truly seemed to love his family, career, and animals equally.