Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Growth, Mass, What Have You

A couple of weeks ago I noticed something on my neck that I thought was an insect bite. I realized a few days ago that it was still there and that it is in fact a growth of sorts, not an insect bite.

I called my physician who saw me right away and though it could be one of two things: either a problem with a lymph node (which is scary to me) or a cyst (less scary).

The options given were to just leave it for now yet monitor it for any changes. Or, see a surgeon, remove it, and biopsy it. I asked him what he would do if he were in my shoes (knowing my health history and other assorted neuroses).

So, I'll be consulting with a surgeon on Monday afternoon. Keep me in your thoughts.

3 comments:

sprizee said...

Yikes. Best of luck. It's probably nothing but better safe than sorry, right?

Egan said...

Good for you for making the appointment. I need to do the same thing Chris. We'll think good thoughts for you out here in Seattle.

Chris said...

Thanks to both of you. You both rock.