Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Random Ramblings on a Wednesday in November

The Boston Red Sox have paid a reported $51.1 million dollars for the exclusive rights to negotiate with a Japanese superstar pitcher. I guess if they sign the guy, which I don't believe could happen for less than an additional $40 million bucks I can only guess that hot dogs are going up to around $12 bucks at Fenway.

According to Associated Press, "In a new TV interview and book, O.J. Simpson discusses how he would have committed the slayings of his ex-wife and her friend 'if he did it.'" So, thanks to the press, O.J. is actually going to elaborate on how he actually committed two murders and instead of going to jai, he'll get paid. In the words of Borat, "U.S. and A is great country!"

Speaking of Borat, I saw the movie last Friday and highly recommend it. It's one of the funniest films I've seen in a while despite the shock value of a certain scene involving nudity and wrestling.

You gotta love the whole "Fed-Ex" moniker given to K-Fed after the Britney divorce announcement. Turns out that now K-Fed is "threatening" to sell some home-made sex tapes…I agree with Howard Stern's take, Britney should release them for free on the Internet. They aren't going to hurt her one bit (see Paris Hilton) and it'll diffuse his ability to capitalize on them.

Someone actually greeted me this morning by saying, "Gee Chris, you look so tired." That wasn't fun to hear.

I think Snickers bars are good, but highly overrated. Give me a Mars bar (or the comparable Snickers Almond) any day.

Later.

1 comment:

Egan said...

I need to see Borat. Everyone seems to like it. I don't know much about Sasha's characters, but it does look funny.