Monday, November 13, 2006

Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

The letter that follows was sent to me by someone else in the education business. On of the interesting things being a teacher is the unusual, let's call them reasons, that a student might offer as to why they are unable to complete an assignment or keep up with the work, etc. For me, there's always a part of me that brings me back to my days as a student and some of the doozies that I came up with.

However, this particular one is of a completely different breed. You'll see:

Dear Professor So and So,

I am still having a difficult time with the landlord and a neighbor next door who also builds computers and is an alcoholic. He appears to have all my software registration numbers and even bought the same camera I have. I believe he is getting or was getting paid off by a business rival who I reported to the government about a robbery. I cannot get a correct disk image. The computer is constantly connected to an antenna, I have repeatedly asked the landlord to disconnect it over the course of ten years, but he will not. No legal firm seems to understand what is going on. The former housing authority landlord was fired for mismanagement of funds after I complained about him for five years. The police have no knowledge of what I'm talking about and will not help. I live less than 100 yds from a wifi hot spot. There is no way out, I feel like a hostage, and cannot move due to waiting lists that are years long, I've had six hard drives destroyed, by this antenna, and even ComTel(formerly MediaTel)knows about the antenna. They will not disconnect it, because they say the landlord has jurisdiction over it and the landlord will not disconnect it because the custodians (who worked for the former corrupt housing authority) believe Comcast has jurisdiction. The logic is cyclical. I cannot write a program without the alcoholic next door not understanding it. I don't know who to talk to.

Sincerely,Person in Need of Assistance

No comments: