Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Today I am twice as legal as I was when I last became legal (42 for those that couldn't or wouldn't contemplate the riddle or just toodle on over to the profile page).

My very bizarre colleague, a professor in her 80's and about 4 feet tall, placed a candle atop a graham cracker and forced a group of unsuspecting bystanders to sing Happy Birthday to me - I then stooped down to blow out said candle. Holy friggin' crap!

If a colony of tiny little insects can devour an entire house made of wood, why the heck do they still make houses out of wood? It must be a conspiracy with the pest control world.

I'm reading a book called "blink". I thought I already read it but I was confusing it for another book with blink in the title. I did read "The Tipping Point" which was written by the same author as "blink" (in fact I even heard hime speak at a conference)...anyway, the point I'm trying to make (and just realized that I am not sure why) is that the one time I can't read the book called "blink" is while in the middle of the process of blinking - more specifically, the portion of the blink in which my eyelid, which is opaque, completely covers my eye.

Bye for now...Love me (the Birthday Boy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to YOU,
Happy Birthday Dear Chris!!

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!