Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday Night as it Happens

It's 8:38pm according to the time in the lower right of the screen of my laptop computer that I am typing this on right now. It is Saturday night and my kid is safely tucked in to bed with Theodore the teddy bear, my wife is off working an overnight shift at the nursing home, my cat is playing with his favorite toy in the family room, and I am here typing these words to you dear reader.

Shades of fatigue force a yawn out of me as I think about how Saturday nights once were. The idea of being tired at this time would have made no sense whatsoever and in a way, I still find it somewhat confusing but there's no point dwelling.

The sound of the dishwasher just kicked in and the cat decided to join me on the couch attempting to make his way onto the keyboard and perhaps play a little chase with the mouse pointer. It's not a bad joke, it's actually happening. I have so much to do and no strength to go ahead and do any of it. The thought of lifting a book that I want to read even seems to burdesome for the moment.

Perhaps the best course of action right now would be to have one last brain exercise by attempting to fool the 20 questions orb once more then calling it a night with hopes that a longer than usual nights rest will be just what I was in need of.

Goodnight.

No comments: