Monday, January 15, 2007

MLK Day 2007

Sleep, sleep tonight
And may your dreams be realised.
If the thunder cloud passes rain
So let it rain, rain down on he.
So let it be.
So let it be.

Sleep, sleep tonight
And may your dreams be realised.
If the thunder cloud passes rain
So let it rain, let it rain
Rain down on he. -- U2


I was up at the crack of dawn regardless of the fact that I have the day off from my employer. I dropped Victoria off at daycare and decided to get and oil change, whcih turned into a $130+ dollar affair after the mechanics found a "front pinion seal leak". The only response to the question "what is a front pinion seal leak?" I can offer is $110 (providing you get the same discount for bringing a nice steaming "box-of-joe" as a bribe to "take care of me).

I realized yesterday while reading the paper and clipping coupons that I used to be much better at the follow-through where you actually take the coupons to the store and redeem them, thereby actually saving money.

We're 15 days into the new year and I still haven't had a cigarette. While that may seem like some nifty accomplishment, truth is I don't smoke so it was pretty easy.

I'm not sedentary, I'm gathering momentum.

Thanks everyone, please take care of your wait staff.

5 comments:

Egan said...

I'm confused, you are or aren't a smoker?

Chris said...

Non-smoker my friend. I was making jokeys.

Malnurtured Snay said...

There's no such THING as a front-pinion!

Naw, kidding, there might be, I don't know.

Chris said...

Believe me I could be taken on that pne Snay - I am lucky enough to have a brother who is carsmart and reachable by telephone. Doesn't it suck though when you are all jazzed up at being responsible and going for the 30 dollae oil change and getting hit up for somehting else?

Egan said...

You're a funny guy Chris.