Sunday, January 07, 2007

Who's Your Daddy?

Yesterday was our semi-annual "Friends Reunion". Oddly the winter version of this event took place in 72 or so balmy degrees on January 6th in Brooklyn, New York. As always, the event was lots of fun and filled with good food (especially the Corn Souffle), good people, beer, and of course - karaoke (addendum: I just realized that the weather was nicer and warmer for our winter reuinion that for our summer reunion - aye aye aye).

I have some photos but am way too exhausted to upload any at this time. Iwalked in my house after 3:00 am and was up at 8:30 to get ready for church. No time for a nap afterward as I felt compelled watch the Pats/Jets game. For the record, I rooted for the Pats which isn't really any kind of betrayal to my New York Heritage for several reasons. First off, in the 32 years I lived in NY, I never once rooted for the Jets - I was a Dallas Cowboys fan growing up (their Cheerleaders were hot)! Besides, I don't give a crap what you say, when they moved their home field from Shea to Giants stadium, they became a New Jersey team.

Cheers to the Mineos for opening up their home to host the reunion and providing a feast.
Cheers to the Careaga's, DeCoursey's, Carreno's, and Ri-Ri (even though they all showed up late) for being there and just being who they are. Never a day goes by that I am not thankful for this wonderful group of friends I have been blessed with.
Jeers to the Buonanno's; whom I love, but not having a car big enough to transport the family is a lame excuse for not coming. I hear the Partridge family bus is available and I am willing to chip in if it means I'll get to see you again.
Jeers to Jerry and his search for "MA". "MA" was in Brooklyn and you were in that aful place called India sweltering in a cesspool of instant Kharma. Nirvana can easily be found in a local CD store, as can a bar of soap and a deodorant stick. However, your friends whom you've know since the beginning of time are where "MA" is.

Okay, I seriously need to get some sleep since my alarm will be going off at 5:45am as a new work week begins. Later kids.

Oh, wait...lest I forget to refer to the title of this post. As an avid fan of the karoke so as to show of my incredible lack of talent as a singer, at the request of my wife, I performed the song "Who's your Daddy?" (made famous by Toby Keith) and apparently did a bang up job - which I'm not sure if it means it sucked less or more than usual. Gotta go!

No comments: