Thursday, March 22, 2007

Absolutely Nothing (or, a story about bad wine and good wine)

I opened a bottle of wine that my wife brought back from Brazil last year. I was suspicious when I first began to pour the elixir and noticed that it was an odd shade of brownish. I then did the swirl thing and took a whiff to discover a vinegary scent. As if this wasn't enough of a reason to toss the crap, jackass that I am actually placed a sip into my mouth only to sput it out almost imediately. I have to wonder if it went bad or was always crappy.

So, I did the only logical thing. I opened a great bottle of 1997 Muga Rioga Reserva - my last one -and enjoyed a quality glass of wine from Spain. Hey Sprizee, you by chance reading this? You were just over there in Spain, did you see any bottles of this wonderful wine? I bought 4 bottles after I tastes it at Johnny Dee's a couple of years ago and now my stock is gone :(.

Tomorrow I will post information about this year's Walk for Hunger and my fundraising effort. Until then...peace out.

No comments: