Saturday, April 07, 2007

Ailing for Easter/Bathroom Remodeling Issues

I've been running a fever on and off all day and I've got a horrible cough. It sucks big time!

I've got a second quote on my bathroom remodel and was please that it was close to three thousand dollars less than the first quote I received. I spoke to three references that were provided and all had glowing reviews and ready to get things going with contractor number 2, I sent a lengthy list of questions about some of the things I would need to purchase.

When reading his responses, there was one thing that caught my attention. Evidently, there was a miscommunication about how much of the bathroom would be tiled and after reading his response, and mostly that it will now cost an additional $2,000, I am feeling depressed on top of my feeling sick.

I actually hate that I am remodeling this bathroom now in the first place as it wasn't anywhere near next on the list of projects. In fact, here is the last version of the list:

Wood trim/doors/stairs
Living room furniture
Window treatments/Downstairs
Deck/Patio Door/Back Yard
Vinyl siding/gutter/garage doors
Landscape/Front
Family room furniture
Master bedroom furniture/mattress
Victoria's room furniture
Guest room furniture
Driveway reseal
Master bath
Main bath
Basement ceiling
Kitchen
Finish garage
In fact, the master bath was 12th on the list, costs about 75% more than I originally expected, and costs more than the first 3 things and part of the 4th thing on the list. FUCK!
Gone for now...Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate.

No comments: