Friday, April 20, 2007

Podcast Overload

I love the whole podcast thing, I think I may be addicted! I've begun to get better at discriminating which ones I will really listen to and those I wil give a chance to and keep up with or let go of.

Currently, I subscribe to the following:
The Onion Radio News:a laugh-a-day guaranteed.
Real Time with Bill Maher:cause I can't bring myself to pay for HBO and I love this show.
NPR-Technology:I am a techno-geek gadget freak.
NPR-Pop Culture:A new find for me, very interesting thus far.
NPR-Movies:Another new one for me, it hasn't won me over yet but I'l give it a chance. I do love the movies.
NPR-All Songs Considered:One of my faorites. I've been turned on to at least a dozen artists as a result of listening to this show.
Joel Osteen Audio Podcast: While his theological perspective is very different from mine, this guy is a dynamic young preacher who I enjoy listening to.

* * * * * * * * * *
As i type this, I am watching American Chopper, somehow, I seem to have gotten hooked on this show about an upstate New York custom motorcycle shop. I don't know yet what the appeal is but I am very interested in this show.
Scary fact of the day: A Tempurpedic mattress commercial just aired and claims according to the Wall Street Journal, "the average mattress will double in weight in 10 years as a result of being filled with dust mites." I'm itchy just thinking about this as my king size mattress is ever so close to its 10th birthday.

3 comments:

egan said...

Here's another one for you kind sir.

enjoy

Chris said...

Thanks Egan - I am the all time laziest when it comes to attempting to learn a new language. I've tried with Spanish and Portuguese...no chance I'll attempt French.

I am so envious of those who can speak more than 1 language but I simply am not capable.

Jessica said...

I am also a lazy turd when it comes to learning other languages.

I suck.