Monday, May 28, 2007

Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World

I like Albert Brooks alot. Enough to give this movie a real chance and while I didn't hate it, I didn't love it; and I really wanted to.

The thing that bothers me most though is I'm no sure if I am just being selfish because the movie didn't end the way I wanted, or rather predicted that it should.

The premise was really funny as was the back story, but neither really ever came to fruition. The ending didn't really happen, and in my opinion needed to (even if it wasn't the one I thought would happen).

3 comments:

sprizee said...

I remembering hearing about this movie and thinking it could be funny. Ah well.

egan said...

No happy ending eh?

Chris said...

I think I want to hear back from someone else - maybe I just missed something...I really loved Defending Your Life.