Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tragedy, Comedy, and White Zinfandel

Perhaps you've seen the story of the professional wrestler Chris Benoit? I watched wrestling as a kid and still occasionally flip it on. I remember when Benoit was first coming up on TV wresting. I understand how kids watch these guys and get into the characters. The magnitude of the tragedy that happened with Benoit in beyond what any child fan of wrestling should have to understand. How incredibly sad.

I am a subscriber to SIRIUS satellite radio and one of the channels I love listening to is RAW DOG COMEDY. With the exception of a couple of formatted shows, the channel airs bits from stand-up comedians. I am a huge fan of stand-up comedy and of course, I love to laugh, so I listen to this channel quite a bit. Anyway, the other day I heard a bit by a comic named Ron Shock, whom I've never heard of before. The bit was called, "Ball-Shrinking Cold" - way funny! I have to learn more about this dude.

I was completely prejudiced against White Zinfandel for a long time. I recently gave it a whirl and thought, hey, not bad. I'm not prejudiced anymore.

4 comments:

brookem said...

that wrestler story is just horrible. so sad.
you like ball humor. +1 for that.
oh, and i love me some good berringer. white zin can be your friend.

Chris said...

Brookem - thanks for scoring the ball humor and for the tip on the White Zin.

Anonymous said...

Ron Shock is the funniest man I have ever heard/seen. He is the real deal. I was dragged to one of his shows by a friend I was visiting in Bloomington, IN a couple of years back...I will never forget it. I was laughing so hard I was laying in my seat and tears were streaming down my cheeks...we stayed for the 2nd show. You have EXCELLENT taste in comics Chris.

Chris said...

My anonymous friend, thanks for your kind words and for coming by my blog and taking the time to coment. I hope I can se Ron Shock live one day myself.