Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sleepy

I really meant to have a post yesterday but sleep eventually one, even though I still don't feel that I got enough of it. I started on my first "100 Things" list; I've read many of them over the last 3+ years but never put one together. last night I began thinking that it would be a breeze but no, much harder than I thought. I did crank out about 30 or so and will continue to work on that.

later, I diverted to podcasting after listening to Airam's and exploring the tools that she is using. So I created my account and started working on a podcast completely unscripted but it just didn't work out, so that too will be here at some other time.

I then attempted to create a seal on ARM's recommendation but the creative juices just weren't flowing. On top of all this not accomplishing stuff, I kept dozing off in what appeareed like narcoleptic fits. I really should get away alone somewhere but that just isn't going to happen thanks to the contractor who I just finished giving lots of money too (among other reasons).

It's 7:15 am and I need to get to work - have a great day and I'll check in later.

8 comments:

brookem said...

chris, how about taking a few hours to yourself doing something that doesn't require money? a walk in the woods? sitting by the water? sitting on a park bench and people watching?

looking forward to your podcast, seal, and 30/100! :)

Airam said...

I was so sleepy too last night!

After I got home around 9ish I went to bed and konked out. I kept waking up though in the middle of the night but didn't get out of bed until 8:30 this morning.

I hate how the more rest I get, the less refreshed I feel. On a good note everytime I did sleep I kept dreaming of the boy in my class who I think is super cute.

Chris said...

brookem- very sage advice, perhaps a drive up to Walden Pond, maybe even next Friday.

airam- it makes me feel better that I am not alone in my sleepiness. I'm pretty sure that you can't catch up on rest and that whole the more you rest the more tired you feel thing - how is that, makes no sense but a feel the same. I always feel worse when I sleep in (which is rarer than a 1943 copper us penny).

ARM said...

Ha! You crack me up! You tried doing all of those things in your free time, didn't you? That's why it wasn't working out. You need to do those things when you should be doing something else. Like my 100 list...I did that at work. It took me 3 hours, but I got it all done. Had I attempted to do that damn thing at home or on a day off? Wouldn't have happened, yo!

Ok, I'm kinda kidding. Oh, and I can't sleep in anymore either. When I do, I feel worse and I'm pissed because then the day goes too fast!

brookem said...

yes, go pull a henry david. i think it does wonders for the rejuvination of one's soul.
and/or we can meet for that beer. that also helps.

Chris said...

ARM - "Free Time" is kind of a funny way of putting it, I never think of myself as having any free time and perhaps thats part of the problem. I think if I could have stopped my eyes from forcing themselves closed I may have completed one of the tasks. Perhaps your onto something...

Brookem - Walden Pond is my favorite place in all of MA. We'll definitely hook up for a beer soon.

egan said...

Me thinks you have a crush on Airam.

Chris said...

Egan - You are so fresh.