Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Texas Chowduh?

I attended three sessions today at the conference. The first one sucked, the second one was very mediocre, and the last one was amazing. The guy who ran the conference was from a college in Texas and he was talking about how he and his wife were touring the city of Boston. He mentioned that he had for some reason "tried the fried chicken and y'all have to work on that some." Without missing a beat, I shouted jokingly (in the best Boston accent I could muster up), "I've never ordered chowduh in Texas."

What was more interesting to me was how he referred to it as "the fried chicken". The only fried chicken I've ever eaten in the state of MA is my own, which is awesome, and KFC, which is necessary on occasion.

7 comments:

ARM said...

I get KFC cravings once in awhile. I don't know why. But I just want their mashed taters sometimes!

I like it that he put "the" in front of fried chicken. I'm interested in know what he means by it too.

brookem said...

hmm, interesting that he added the "the." i have never eaten at KFC, can you believe that?

Chris said...

ARM - If you have the mashed potatoes with gravy, you'll never have to worry about, shall we say, intestinal problems.

Brookem - never had KFC? If you ever have the urge totry, stick with original recipe, extra crispy is much greasier and just doesn't capture that KFC flavor (which everything else they sell tastes like).

Airam said...

It's like the Goldilocks of sessions. The first one was too hard ... the second one too soft ... and the third was juuuuuuust right!

The fried chicken ... you should've called it the chowder. I love chowder. Mmmmm ... craving it now.

Chris said...

Airam - I love the Goldilocks analogy!

egan said...

Fried chicken? What's that? You Massholes are all the same.

Chris said...

Egan, how did you come up with that, Massholes...brilliant!!!