Wednesday, August 01, 2007

50 Random Questions



When out of material, steal borrow a meme (and even this line) - Thanks Brookie! Pants! I really enjoyed this meme for some reason plus, it's not like I just revealed 100 things about myself and you aren't craving for more dish.
  1. What curse word do you use the most? Fuck for sure, though shit is a very close second.
  2. Do you own an iPod? Yes, I have a love/hate relationship with it because iTunes is so not what it could be and Apple should stop being so fucking stuck up and more customer friendly.
  3. Who on your MySpace "Top 8" do you talk to the most? I find MySpace repulsive. I created an account as a favor to a musician friend but I never log on. In fact, I used Nick Nolte's mug shot for my photo.
  4. What time is your alarm clock set for? **GASP** 5:45 AM.
  5. What color is your room? Seafoam; and I hate it. As soon as I recover from the cost of the bathroom remodel, it will change.
  6. Flip flops or sneakers? Sneakers; men should never, ever, never wear flip-flops.
  7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? This is a tougher question to answer for me because I do like to be the star of the show but I really love to take pictures; perhaps even more than being in them so that I don't have to question why I look so darn goofy.
  8. What was the last movie you watched? I think it was Stranger than Fiction – which I loved.
  9. Do any of your friends have children? Millions, or so it seems. I have one friend who has 7 kids, one who has 5, then a few 3's and 2's etc. At our reunions, there are always more kids than adults, and because we're all getting to be old farts, some of the kids are even becoming adults.
  10. Has anyone ever called you lazy? Yes. I've even called me lazy.
  11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? Never!
  12. What CD is currently in your CD player?
    Out of State Plates by Fountains of Wayne.
  13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? Chocolate, except for when I am dunking cookies, then regular. Either way, I can't drink much of it or I get really sick.
  14. Has anyone told you a secret this week? No.
  15. Have you ever given someone a hickey? No, but I've sported a few.
  16. Who was the last person to call you? Linda, asking if I had a digital camera. That's an odd question to me because like really, who doesn't.
  17. Do you think people talk about you behind your back? I am sure of it.
  18. Did you watch cartoons as a child? Of course, and I still watch them as an adult. I totally love SpongeBob.
  19. How many siblings do you have? Two. An older brother and a younger sister.
  20. Are you shy around the opposite sex? At times.
  21. What movie do you know every line to? None.
  22. Do you own any band t-shirts? Not any longer.
  23. What is your favorite salad dressing? Simple, Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
  24. Do you read for fun? All the time.
  25. Do you cry a lot? What is a lot? I do cry, sometimes randomly.
  26. Who was the last person to text message you? Someone I don't know, which prompted me to have text messaging blocked on my phone – I find it to be a nasty habit close behind smoking and poking at one of the awful PDA's.
  27. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? Both.
  28. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos? I am way past the piercing phase and even then only had the ear. I will never get a tattoo.
  29. What is the weather like? HHH.
  30. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos? If date means long term relationship, then more than likely not although I'd still want to really get to know the person behind the ink (then who knows).
  31. Is sex before marriage wrong? No, especially since the general consensus is that in marriage sex doesn't exist (let's not wax philosophical about this; I'm making a joke here).
  32. When was the last time you slept on the floor? It's been a long time and not by choice.
  33. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? Some would say that I rarely function but six is about the minimum I need to not feel really awful when the alarm rings.
  34. Are you in love or lust? Why do there only have to be two choices?
  35. Are your days full and fast-paced? Right now they're not as bad as they will be after the second week of August.
  36. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? I read them, feel guilty, then most of the time do the deed anyway.
  37. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 43.
  38. Are you picky about spelling and grammar? Depends on the context of the writing.
  39. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes – Great Adventure in New Jersey – many times.
  40. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex? While I tend to have more friends of the opposite sex, I have no problems getting along with members of my own gender.
  41. Do you like cottage cheese? Absolutely not.
  42. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? Back with an occasional side roll.
  43. Have you ever bid for something on eBay? Just recently for the first time. I bid for, and won an old board game from my childhood.
  44. Do you enjoy giving hugs? I am a big hugger – I love it.
  45. What song did you last sing out loud? On "The Singing Bee" last night they were doing 80's music so I pretty much sang along to all of them.
  46. What is your favorite TV show? Aside from reality TV shows it would have to be House.
  47. Which celebrity, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with? Bono.
  48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach? Can't remember. I usually get butterflies to some extent when I have to do any public speaking. Also when there's a karaoke mic in my hand without enough alcohol in my bloodstream.
  49. What one thing do you wish you had? There are many things I wish I had but not having them doesn't bother me either. If I could get rid of one thing it would be Anxiety; because that really blows.
  50. Favorite lyrics? Since I love music so much and couldn't come up with a single answer, I'll leave you with a great lyric from one of my favorite films:

    The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
    That's what I said
    The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
    Or so I have read

    My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
    I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo

    Big bottom, big bottom
    Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
    Big bottom drive me out of my mind
    How could I leave this behind?

    I met her on Monday, twas my lucky bun day
    You know what I mean
    I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
    You know what I mean

    My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
    Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah

    Big bottom, big bottom
    Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em
    Big bottom drive me out of my mind
    How could I leave this behind?

17 comments:

ARM said...

Ha! I have MySpace...motherfucker is addictive. But I've reconnected with a lot of friends and family. My BFF, htough, refuses to get one.

Chocolate milk rulz!

Text messaging - I'm getting ready to get it blocked on mine, too. My friend keeps texting me and it costs me money, yo!

Hugs are the best

egan said...

Hey you, what the fuck is your beef with iTunes? Do you have to leave your house to buy music? That's what I thought.

Sorry, I'm all sorts of amped up today. Be good!

Airam said...

I don't get the deal with myspace!! I have an account but only made friends with that guy who makes friends with everyone. Facebook is where it's at yo.

I like to say fuck too. I like a variety of fuck phrases. I've never said fuck in front of my family (parents/brothers/in-laws). I have said shit though in front of family. I think it's a respect thing.

ARM said...

I agree that Facebook is better. But I had to make a choice between myspace & facebook and myspace had more of my contacts on it and a bunch of family. So, I went with that. I'll totally be your myspace friend. Tom is a freak (that's the myspace dude that's friend's with everyone).

Fuck is a good word...I say it around my family all the time now unless the kiddos are around.

Egan reminds me of Clark Griswold from the first Vacation - where he goes off in the car? And Rusty asks him if he needs and aspirin and Clark goes, "don't touch!" Yeah...that's what I'm imagining Egan doing if I were to touch his shoulder and ask him if he needed some drugs.

Chris said...

Arm - **Virtual Hig**

Egan - iTunes is weak. I use it, but it just isn't a well designed program. **Virtual Hug**

Airam - Not sure I care to learn about facebook either but I will keep an open mind. **Virtual Hug**

brookem said...

i can tell you two people, who were outside of a thai restuarant on saturday who dont own or know how to operate a digital camera!

HHH is RIGHT. blah!

egan said...

You can't just call it "weak" and not explain yourself some more. I want reasons why it's weak man.

Okay, this is the software guy in me wanting to know what bugs you about it.

ARM - your comparison to Griswold is spot on. I laughed out loud when reading it. Facebook rocks, MySpace is for people who struggle forming complete sentences. NMJC!

Jill O. said...

If you mean your short, Italian co-worker Linda, that'a HILARIOUS. She HAS a digital camera, but the memory card is full and she doesn't know how to upload the pics to a computer and she already printed some of the pictures but she can't remember which ones so she just leaves the darned thing in a drawer and takes pictures with her FILM camera - totally confuses my niece & nephew who have only known digital and who want to see them selves immediately after any picture is taken.

Chris said...

Brookem - you're right! Those poor people.

Egan - dude, I don't wanna get into all that's wrong with iTunes here. I'm not saying it's not functional and full of bugs, it does work. However, there are just some obvious features it should have.

Jill - It was LJ. It was at work, she wanted to take some shots of the Frmingham campus and put a collage together. She saw that in Wellesley they made one and was upset that Framingham wasn't included.

Chris said...

Jill - I almost forgot - congrats on the house purchase. I will touch base with you sometime soon.

Chris said...

My apoligies to Brookem, Egan and Jill for not including a **virtual hug** with my recent responses to you. I allowed outside inteference to cloud my ability to effectively respond to my blog and I apologize.

**virtual hug** to all!

Candace said...

I hope you turned that up to 11 when you played it. ^_^

Chris said...

Candace - S W E E T ! I did! **virtual hug**

egan said...

I guess I will just have to accept your apology. Don't think I won't keep this on my backburner though.

**virtual hug**

radioactive girl said...

Would you still be friends with someone with tattoos? I have two tattoos and would hate to be counted out because of them!

Chris said...

Radioactive - just because the ink is not for me, doesn't mean I dislike those who wear the ink.

My brother has numerous tattoos and I still like him and there's no way I have any intention of excluding you from my list of friends simply because you choose to sport tattoos.

radioactive girl said...

That is what I thought, but I wanted to check to be sure before I became too attached to a friendship with you.