Saturday, September 08, 2007

One Down

It took until 1:30 this afternoon, but the first week of the fall semester is now in the history books. I am teaching two sections of CS100 this semester, one on Thursday evenings and the other on Saturday mornings. I took on the Saturday class because it's an 8 week accelerated course and I figured I could tough it out for 8 weeks and could use the extra cash. Of course, the last time (which was also the first time) I taught a Saturday morning accelerated class, I swore it would be the last - ne dis jamais jamais.

There was a hitch with the Saturday section. The school screwed up the start and finish time for the class and it was listed to go from 9:30am-12:20pm when if fact the actual time should be 8:30am-1:30pm. I know, a 5 hour class is nuts but remember, it's only for 8 weeks. Needless to say, I did have a good portion of the class that didn't show up until 9:3o and way against my better judgement, I had to excuse the tardiness in this situation.

As usual, the week in general was totally nuts, just completely insane. It takes me a good few weeks to have my faith restored in the intellect and potential of out youth after some of the shenanigans and sheer stupidity uncovered and discovered in week 1.

Week 1 is down, I am sitting here watching my Yankees kick ass on the Royals and drinking an ice cold Killian's Irish Red while typing this. Back to chillin'... Until next time...

4 comments:

Airam said...

Holy that Saturday one must be brutal for you. I can't imagine how it will be in the colder months when you'd rather just stay in bed on a Saturday morning.

You rock!

Chris said...

Airam - the last class for the Saturday section is October 27th (the same day as my 25 year HS reunion that I have to drive 200+ miles that evening to attend) - here's to hoping those super cold winter Saturday's don't start until afterwards.

:)

brookem said...

i hope the 8 weeks goes by quick chris! and hey, like you said, at least it's some extra $$. how was that beer?

Chris said...

Brokem - Thanks! The beer was cold and nurturing.