Saturday, November 10, 2007

Couple Days Off

It's been a couple of days since I've posted here, a couple days off - unintentionally. While I've found pockets of time throughout the day to read and comment on some of your posts out there, by the time I've gotten home from work the past two days, the fatigue monster has been rearing his ugly head preventing me from any productivity.

Thursday was particularly brutal not only because it's my long day (I teach a class from 6-9 after my regular work day), but because this particular class is a particularly challenging group. One of the challenges is to teach to a variety of learning styles, a variety of ages (from 20 something to 60 something), and dealing with the people who are really there to learn and those who show up really not wanting to be there. This group has been particularly difficult to work with and 11 weeks or so into the semester, its draining at this point.

On top of all this, I think the fact that I've been eating poorly, very poorly in fact since Halloween with all the fucking candy that's been around, and I haven't even thought about exercise in months - I am fairly certain it's all catching up to me. To boot, I've got two darling little zits on my left cheek and let me tell you, it's fucking depressing to have a zit when you are in your 40's - it's like shit, I'm in my fucking 40's, can't I at least leave this tragic teenage right of passage behind me?

I went to bed at 9:30 last night, got me about 11 solid hours and I feel rested, which is good. I had yogurt and granola for breakfast, that's good. We'll see if I can get my ass out walkin' or on the treadmill for a but later on....one step at a time.

UPDATE:
I saw this picture on another blog and I had to share it cause it's so fuckin funny!

2 comments:

Airam said...

Holy fuck you swore a lot in this fucking post!! Me likey!

I hope you're having a good day!

Chris said...

Airam - It was a very sweary day! Good to see ya.