Sunday, November 18, 2007

On Bagpipes, House Cleaning, Probably No Podcast tonight and a New Feature

Bagpipes. Today at church, we celebrated both the day of our patron Saint, Andrew, and the 50th anniversary of worship in our building. Along with lots of festivities and food, there was a dude all Scotched out, kilt and all, playing bagpipes. Darn impressive up close.

House Cleaning. In preparation for the arrival of my brother and sister-in-law, I've been working on getting the house cleaned up. Yesterday I did all of the windows, inside and out and today I have thus far been working on the kitchen. Currently I am taking a break from cleaning the grout which has gotten grubby.

Probably no Podcast Tonight. While pre-production work has begun, with the amount of cleaning to be done, I it's not likely I will get to the podcast this evening.

A New Feature. Over on the sidebar, just below the "More of Me" section, there is a new feature called the "Project Runway Tracker". Over the weeks, this will be your guide to who has been eliminated and who remains in the competition. Or, as Heidi Klum puts it, who is still in, and who is out.

In the meantime, take a deep breath and do something mice for yourself, you deserve it. With love...

4 comments:

Airam said...

Yesterday I watched Project Runway Canada. The host was Iman. It wasn't bad. It's filmed in Toronto which is kinda cool.

Chris said...

Iman frightens me for some reason. Is there someone who plays the same role as Tim Gunn does on teh American version? I love Tim Gunn, and can't imagine the show without him.

Airam said...

I think so but the one who plays the "Tim Gunn" of America looks like a hillbilly and not someone that looks like he knows anything about fashion. My sister in law told me that the American hosts are really nice when it comes to criticizing the designers if they do a shit job and that Iman just kind of rips them to shreds. So yeah Iman is scary. Her nickname should be "He-Man".

Chris said...

Airam - I forget what comic did this though I do recall it was a fake news thingie so it could have been SNL. When Iman and David Bowie were married, they flashed a photo of IMAN that was somewhat androgynous at best and said something like "Rocker David Bowie married a man"