Friday, November 16, 2007

Turkey’s and a Bitch


For the first time in quite a few years I'll be spending Thanksgiving with a member of my immediate family. My brother and his wife are coming into Massachusetts for a few days. The funny thing is that they can't travel a lot because they are so tied down to their dogs and their usual kennel had no opening for boarding. Turns out, there's a boarding place a few block up the road from me so the dogs are taking the long road trip up from Staten Island, NY as well.

I just placed my food order because I have vowed never to cook a Turkey again. I see no point in it. Turkey is friggin' boring and just not worth any more effort than picking up a precooked Turkey and just tossing it in the oven for a heating.

In the meantime, I need to get cracking and clean the messy house and get a room ready for them to sleep in. I purchased new filters for the humidifiers yesterday – I just typed that and realized afterward how pathetic that sentence is.

FUCK!!!! I used this word in some form three previous times and removed it because I've been overusing it (subconsciously to impress Airam) but now I must. Some bloated nursing student with an attitude she hasn't got the right to have just returned my tape dispenser to my desk. She never asked if she could use it, she just took the fucker when I wasn't here as if it's perfectly okay to take shit off someone's desk. I hope the bitch flunks out of nursing school and has to wipe asses for the rest of her miserable life. There, I am much better now.

Peace.

4 comments:

Airam said...

Surly Chris is funny.

Chris said...

Airam - That's me, a laugh a minute :).

brookem said...

that's nice that your brother and his wife (and dogs!) are taking the trip to mass! what are you making for sides?

Chris said...

Brookem - My first inclination was nothing at all since the meal I ordered includes sides. However, I think I am going to make a really cool beef short ribs recipe so as to liven up the doldrums that is Turkey. Also, I am going to make some homemade French Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.