Thursday, December 06, 2007

Birthday Song

Today is my birthday. 43. Thanks.

I'm way past the point of giving a crap about my birthday though I am utterly grateful to keep having them. Have you ever had a car that was getting up there and every so often it needs a bit more than an oil change and a tune up. While I didn't utterly abuse my body with chemicals, I was something of a wreckless daredevil and have broken and dislocated a few things which as the years pass, squeak a lilttle more.

The one thing that has definitely improved with age is my heart and my soul. I pay far more attention to them now. I'm affected by things and I care, at least most of the time. In the last few years, you my readers and blog buddies have become a part of my heart and soul. Thank you for sharing this journey with me and I look forward to what is yet to come.

And now for the creepiest yet most interesting birthday sond I could find - enjoy The Necrophiliac Creatures of Evil and "Birthday Song".

15 comments:

armalicious said...

Yay! I'm first to wish you happy birthday! I think each and every birthday is important and should be recognized and celebrated. Therefore, you need to go and get yourself an ice cream cake. Mmmmm...ice cream cake.

Have a great day!!

brookem said...

Happy Birthday my friend! I hope you have a wonderful day, and a great, happy, and healthy year ahead!

Chris said...

Armalicious - thanks, the ice cream cake things sounds like a swell idea!

Brookem- thanks!

AaroN said...

Happy Belated Birthday

Chris said...

Aaron - Thanks. I hope you are feling better.

sprizee said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry its belated.

Chris said...

Sprizee - Thank you so much!

bostonerin.livejournal.com said...

Hey--happy belated birthday! Hope you're celebrating with those you love this weekend.

Chris said...

Erin - Thanks! Have fun on your shopping marathon.

Airam said...

I'm late! But I wished you happy birthday on facebook .. so happy birthday again!

Chris said...

Airam - You did wish me a happy birthday on Facebook but I greatly appreciate the second one over here...thanks!

egan said...

I'm way late on this Chris, but it doesn't diminish my sincerity. It's important to celebrate birthdays because sometimes people just don't get to have them.

Now that I said that, I will move on. That wasn't so uplifting. Take care buddy and it's been great knowing you.

Chris said...

Egan - thanks. Knowing where this comes from, I appreciate your sincerity more. You're a good man and I'm grateful to know you.

Raze Raven 13 said...

heeeeeeeeey where did u find our song ?? :O

tu for posting it anyway^^

dark bloody greetings,

raze raven 13

Chris said...

Raze Raven 13 - I found it by accident but absolutely love it. All the best to you and the band.