Thursday, December 13, 2007

BookMeme as snatched from Joy

I saw this book meme at Joys and while I wasn't officially "tagged", I am gonna go for it anyway cause its fun.

Instructions:

  1. Grab the nearest book.
  2. Open the book to page 123.
  3. Find the fourth sentence.
  4. Post the next three sentences along with these instructions.
  5. Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.
  6. State the book title and author.

So, here's mine:
"This side of her life, the aristocratic social part, was something I never wanted to get involved in. I didn’t get it and I didn’t enjoy it. I’d go up to stay at the house, and the whole place would be full of people who just seemed to sit around all day smoking dope."

From Clapton: The Autobiography by Eric Clapton

This past week, people have been tossing books they’ve read my way and this was one of them. I haven’t started it yet but her brief review was something to the effect that it is far more interesting early on but once he got sober, it started to get a little harder to read. I’ll let ya know on the book blog once I’ve read it.

And now, I wish to official tag the following fine readers of books: Airam, Sprizee, Brookem, Armalicious (you can leave yours in the comments since you don't current have a blog), and anyone else who wishes to join in.

No comments: