Getting it off my chest section:
- It would shock and alarm you to know how many college age students either do not understand what it means to write something "in your own words" and/or are incapable of doing so.
- From where I sit most of my day, the line between naivety and stupidity is far blurrier that it should be.
- "At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches." Why not, the dead dude isn't gonna eat them and it would be ashamed for the good food to go to waste.
- "Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked." Arrest me now. I can only assume this is "public nuisance" issue but if your snoring is so loud that you are disturbing the public, or anyone other than those in the room in which you are snoring, you have a far greater problem than the fact that youa re disturbing the public with your snoring.
- "Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts." Crap, I was really looking forward to banging Rajheev this afternoon smack dab in the middle of his shift.
- "All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday." Fortunately, I comply with this one so I can't get into trouble but heck, show a little mercy, not everyone can be cool and tote a rifle.
- "Hunting on Sundays is prohibited." I bet you're now wondering what the heck that rifle is for now, aren't you?
- I'll close with one that's on the books in the state of Washington for the benefit of my peeps up there: "It is illegal to entice girls away from the Maple Lane School for girls." I am assuming that means that all others are open game.
Funny, after I read some of these laws that are still on the books, it's not so unreasonable to think that there are people who were mentally disturbed enough to vote George Bush to a second term and even how someone as brainless as him could even be president. Very sad indeed.