Monday, December 17, 2007

Miss Elaine E Too

Rest in Peace to singer Dan Fogelberg who lost a battle with prostate cancer at the age of 56. My favorite of his lyrics is a song called "Believe in Me". Here they are:

If I could ever say it right and reach your hostage heart
Despite the doubts you harbor then you might come to believe in me
The life I lead is not the kind that gives a woman peace of mind
I only hope someday you'll find that you can believe in me
Those other loves that came before mean nothing to me anymore
But you can never be quite sure and will not believe in me

(Chorus) Too many hearts have been broken failing to trust what they feel
But trust isn't something that's spoken
And love's never wrong when it's real

If I could only do one thing
Then I would try to write and sing a song
That ends your questioning and makes you believe in me

(Chorus)


And makes you believe in me Oh, you can believe in me
**********
My friggin' Yankees made what I consider to be a huge mistake by signing Mariano Rivera to a 3 year $45 million contract. I hate that fucker!
**********
I am so looking forward to Thursday night as that is the night where the agony that is my current class, easily the most dreadful of my career, ends.
**********
I walked into some major prankage this morning as someone toilet papered my office space. While my initial reaction was to laugh because I like a good prank, the current climate in our workplace is such that it could not be more inappropriate. Here are some photos:





**********
I recently discovered the end-all cure for Insomnia - in a word, ballet.
***********
It's been said that discretion is the better part of valor. What are the other parts?
'Nuff said for now...I am thinking about you.

10 comments:

brookem said...

Ha, the TP thing is kinda funny. How come inappropriate? I must have missed something.

brookem said...

oh, i am thinking about you too.

egan said...

Why is it bad to "teepee" someone's cube? They did it to you. Were you supposed to prevent it from happening?

Go Yanks!

Chris said...

Brookem - You didn't miss anything. I can't discuss the particulars here, needless to say there are times when even a harmless joke can be poorly timed.

Chris said...

Egan (and Brookem) - sometimes certain stories can only be told in certain places.

egan said...

Huh, I saw your companion post to this. I will respond to that. I guess I always assume when one gets "tp'ed" it's a prank and nothing more.

Airam said...

Omg ... I can't believe someone did that to your office! I hope that you find out who ...

Chris said...

Egan - I guess usually that is the case and the particular circumstances in my workplace are a bit extreme - but the reality is that there...well, I can't say too much here.

Airam - the good news is I did find out for certain who did it,they don't know I know. My gut was right that it was a harmelss prank; once again - poorly timed.

egan said...

Chris, ... crap, I need to send you an email.

AaroN said...

Looks like a hasty job. I came into work once to have most of the stuff on my desk covered in bubble wrap.

(Which thankfully was less planned than the time it was aluminum foil or the time before than when it was saran wrap.)

http://picasaweb.google.com/outdoorliving/Work04/photo#4992053041357127698