Tuesday, January 15, 2008

American Insanity Returns

It's almost hard to believe that American Idol returns for a 7th season, but it's true. Even harder to believe, or maybe have to believe, how mentally challenged the population of this country really is.

Granted, there's a good amount of people that go in knowing they are talentless and all they are there for is to steal some TV time and intentionally be an ass. But, there are just an amazing amount of mentally crippled psychopaths out there and a good percentage of them seem to audition for American Idol.

Harsh? Perhaps. Look, I'm the first to admit that I love watching this shit, nothing like a good train wreck for some good old fashioned entertainment. I need to go boil my ears in preparation for tomorrow night's episode.

3 comments:

egan said...

All I'm going to say is how much I love Simon. Seriously, he gets a bum rap, but he's the reason the show is so popular.

Drink Coke™.

Chris said...

Egan - As crude as Simon might seem sometimes, he's honest and I think he's crucial to the show.

egan said...

He IS the show. Paula has no backbone and Randy just nod and either says "good work dogg" or "I ain't diggin' it".