Friday, January 18, 2008

Inspired By You

My greatest inspirations in my life have been the people around me. I am affected by everything and I feel when I am affected. I recently read this post and was imediately affected (as you will be too). Without any time to accept or try to understand the emotions that had been touched, I opened up Microsft Word and typed the following right off the top of my head. Tori, I dedicate this to you, you are a hero in my eyes:

I want to ride with you on a roller coaster, in the front car of course. On a roller coaster ride, there is nothing else happening in the world in that moment except for the ride and the thrill.

I want to be with you on a ship far enough into the ocean so that all you can see from all sides is the ocean and the sky. It is here where it’s so easily recognizable how small we are in the grand scheme of things and if we are so small, then our problems and ills must be even smaller.

I’d like to sit with you atop a cloud if that were possible. Not only would I experience the great joy of conversation and company with my beloved friend, but on the tops of clouds is where the angels are. And while you clearly possess the soul of an angel, being amongst them will be a comfort in this time of uncertainty and frustration.

While I have never been in your presence I can feel you sometimes. When I think of your courage and strength, your wit and patience, your intense passion for life I know that I am blessed just to be in the same world with you.

I wish I could take away all that tries to take away from you. All I can do is be here, and so, I am.

3 comments:

radioactive girl said...

You are so sweet. Reading that definitely makes me feel better. I am so happy to have "met" you. You are a wonderful caring person who I am lucky to have in my life. You don't even know me and you are so wonderful that I can't even imagine what you would be like if we were real life friends too. I mean, I absolutely consider you a real life friend of course, but I mean if I met you in person. I hope that makes sense.

I am saving the comment you left in my inbox so I can look at it whenever I am feeling scared or alone. I really appreciate this more than you know. You are such a great friend!

Airam said...

Beautifully written.

Chris said...

Radioactive Girl - It makes perfect sense, friend. I value your friendship as well and as far as meeting in person, it's my goal to meet everyone on my blogroll.

Airam - Your name and the bottom of your face in my comment area always bring a smile to me...thank you.