Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mashed Postatoes

Are you familiar with Lurking? I wasn't until Egan's enlightening post. Read it and the comments, it's interesting.

A former colleague was killed this past Sunday night. Very sad. I did a photo shoot, of all things with Bob for some PR materials for the college a few years back and the guy just kept it going with laughter.

Several years back when then Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan called the markets "irrationally exuberant" I disagreed with him wholeheartedly. However, since that day, the markets have been just that, in my own opinion. I'm no market genius or anything and I've made some irrational decisions where investments are concerned. However, I've never had a year since I started investing where my overall returns didn't beat the market.

Currently, my favorite dog breeds are:
  1. Golden Retriever
  2. German Shepherd
  3. Standard Poodle
  4. Pug
  5. Border Collie
Are you familiar with Pandora? The awesomely awesome Brookem turned me onto it and I am officially hooked. If you are into music, you will love it.

In anticipation of the upcoming winter reunion at Chez DeCoursey, here's a picture taken at last winter's reunion at Chez Mineo:

That's Re-Re and Ni-Ni at the mic on the left, Jane is seated, and Rob on the mic on the right.

That's all f-f-folks!

7 comments:

Airam said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your colleague. That's really too bad.

Chris said...

Airam - He was a nice guy - I hadn't seen him in a few years but every so often one of the brochures or press shots with him shows up and those of us who see it laugh. he had three young children - sad.

egan said...

Yikes, to be struck on the side of the road is horrible. It sounds like this guy left a lasting impression on many people.

Chris said...

Egan - He was a good dude.

egan said...

Your ass is being handed to you on my blog, just in case you're wondering.

egan said...

Love the dominoes.

Chris said...

Egan - I love that you love the dominoes but love more that you love it so much that you commented on the post that is one day older that the post that features the dominoes.