Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rambling Bullets

  • Odd how the one time in the whole presidential race that Rudy Giuliani is eloquent was his anouncement to bow out of the race.
  • What the fuck is a "turlte dove" and do they ony come in pairs?
  • As of April 1st of this year, car insurance rates in MA will be deregulated for the first time in 30+ years.
  • My calves hurt therefore I am...out of shape.
  • Note to Bed, Bath & Beyond and Linens and Things, why not just mark everything down 20% and not flood my mailbox and newspapers with 20% off coupons.
  • Have you caught the show "The Moment of Truth" yet? Never ceases to amaze me what people will do for money.
  • I hope you are all enjoying my podcasts. I love making them and it appears that some of you are downloading them...thanks!
  • I got this email from a colleague:
Dear Lynn and Chris,
You two should be the gold standard for all MassBay interactions. I ran into Terry and Wayne after I left our session and I told them both that Chris, you are a born teacher. Having experienced Lynn's unusual devotion, I already knew that about her.
Next time I'll bring fruit! No more pastries!
Best,
Marjorie

  • It's nice to be appreciated.

5 comments:

Airam said...

Isn't a turtle dove one of them animals that came into existence when a turtle accidentally had sex with a dove?

Joy said...

Love this ADD post! I've heard of that show you mentioned and won't bring myself to watch. You're right about what people will do for money. Good grief!

I'm still laughing about the calves! Also the 20% off part.

bostonerin said...

Great post!

And I totally agree--it's nice to be appreciated.

Chris said...

Airam - The "accidentally had sex" cracked me up. You've inspired an entire story, see my next post.

Joy - you are a fine lady. I am glad my teacher friend got to see this post :) Actually, thus far, two comments came from two teacher...I am a lucky guy.

Chris said...

Erin - Thanks...and I am hopin' our little get together comes together soon (wating on Laurel, Melanie and Barbara's response).