Sunday, January 13, 2008

Reign Over Me

Before I get into this, I just want to invite you to listen to my podcast "Three from The Road", posted yesterday.

Also, I gotta say how jazzed I am at the New England Patriots victory yesterday and congratulations to the San Diego Chargers for defeating the Indianapolis Colts this afternoon.

I watched the movie Reign Over Me, starring Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle, yesterday. I have no idea how it was reviewed or performed in at the box office, but I can tell you that this is a really well made movie and features some terrific acting performances not only by the two stars, but rounded out by just about the entire cast.


Sandler's dramatic skills have evolved leaps and bounds and acting next to the brilliant Cheadle only gives additional credibility to Sandler's work in this film. I strongly recomend this movie but with a warning that it it very sad. The story revolved around Sandler's character, who lost his wife and three daughter's on 9/11. There is an effective back story revolving around Cheadle's character who is struggling with losing himself and his personality in his work and his family life. Jada Pinkett Smith ekes out a passable performance as Cheadle's characters wife.
___________________________
Brookem - My thoughts and prayers are with you, your grandfather, and your whole family.

2 comments:

brookem said...

Thanks for your support Chris. I'll be in touch.

Chris said...

Brookem - I'm right here if you need me. I am also very much looking forward to our podcast, whenever you are ready.